Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Evangelism [cont]

So, again from my readings today...found it HIGHLY encouraging

In any case, when I think of the act by which I should enter the Church as something concrete, which might happen quite soon, nothing gives me more pain than the idea of separating myself from the immense and unfortunate multitude of unbelievers. I have the essential need, and I think I can say vocation, to move among men of every class and complexion, mixing with them and sharing their life and outlook, so far that is to say as conscience allows, merging into the crowd and disappearing among them, so that they show themselves as they are, putting off all disguises with me. It is because I long to know them so as to love them just as they are. For if I do not love them as they are, it will not be they whom I love, and my love will be unreal. I do not speak of helping them, because as far as that goes I am unfortunately quite incapable of doing anything as yet.

How much truth is there in the statement, "For if I do not love them as they are..." The beauty of the love of Christ should overflow from me, and people should be seen as they are, made in the image of God.

We must learn to acknowledge the faith that IS present, as opposed to challenging any absence of faith. God is present in everyone, and is present everywhere. It is our job, then, as partners WITH Him to reveal His presence in the places where He already resides. And this is done only through genuine love for another.

go forth into the activity of this day as companion of Jesus Christ the Lord. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh - hey man, I dig your blog. Now all you need is a facebook page and you can officially be a teenie bopper again. Kidding!
Very cool though, and I think your writing is very uplifting. Keep up the good work and I pray you are well.